Gluten free living consists of a lot of trial and error cooking. Even after more than 18 months living the gluten free lifestyle, my recipes still don’t always come out perfectly. However, through the process, I have learned a lot about what works, what doesn’t, and what I could do differently next time to try for a better result.
How to Make the Very Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
In our home, chocolate chip cookies are a staple, a necessity! I have figured out how to make the very best gluten free chocolate chip cookies and today, I am sharing the recipe with you!
- 2 1/4 cups your favorite gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 oz. package Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine gluten free flour, gluten free baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add water and beat well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Place cookies onto wire racks to cool completely.
You could also use add-ins with this recipe such as dried cranberries or raisins, chopped walnuts or pecans, peanut butter chips, unsweetened coconut flakes. What are your favorite add-ins when you make cookies?
Are you the parent, grandparent, sibling, or friend of a person on the autism spectrum? To connect with families who are taking the autism journey with you, come on over and check out our community page on Facebook. We would love to meet you and your family!