My family are big fans of breakfast breads. Over the years we have tried many. Recently my middle child has been asking me to make banana bread again. We happened to have several overripe bananas so I decided to make a gluten-free version of one of our favorites. Below is the lovely result. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 2 1/4 cups King Arthur gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter or Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe, pulped bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Blend coconut oil, sugar, and milk with hand mixer or in your KitchenAid Stand Mixer until creamy.
- Add pulped banana and beaten eggs.
- Briefly mix again.
- Stir mixture into your dry ingredients, just until blended.
- Stir in any add-ins. (see suggestions below)
- Measure equal amounts into two non-stick loaf pans.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool until just warm.
- Serve with your favorite coffee or other preferred beverage.
- chocolat chips or nibs
- peanut butter chips
- walnuts or pecans
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
MORE breakfast bread recipes you may like
Need some ideas for organizing and streamlining your breakfasts each day? Try this wonderful DIY Breakfast Station!
Do you have a favorite breakfast bread? Do you have ideas for MORE add-ins? Share them in the comments!
Are you the parent, grandparent, sibling, or friend of a person on the autism spectrum? To connect with families who are taking the autism journey with you, come on over and check out our community page on Facebook. We would love to meet you and your family!