We use a lot of apps in our home. My husband and I each have an iPad and iPad Mini, we have an iPad that is designated for the kids (our old one), I have an iPhone, and my two teens have iPhones, though one only has access to apps, texting, and email, not a full data plan. We try to find free apps that are fun and/or educational (hopefully both!) but will pay for an app on occasion if it is really, really good!
My two youngest girls have come to love using their iPad because of the access to game apps, and I have found that these have really been very helpful for my 4-year-old, who is developmentally delayed in some areas. My daughter has learned how to:
- color in the lines and for longer periods of time
- to identify animals sounds and to tolerate them, as she is not a fan of loud noises
- to share, which seems to be particularly difficult for her, since she must wait her turn sometimes behind a sibling who is already enjoying the use of their iPad
- to enjoy playing with another person, as she tends to be a loner, but these games draw her into extra time spent with her 5-year-old sister
- to spend a specific amount of time participating in a concentrated activity and to then end on time, rather than flitting from one thing to another all day long with no rhyme or reason.
There are likely many more benefits but I wanted to name just a few.
So without further ado, here are
10 FREE (or nearly free) Preschool Apps for Your Homeschool
*Please Note: All prices are subject to change at any time. Please confirm before completing your purchase.
- BT Handwriting (free)
- Learning Gems ~ Colors and Shapes (free)
- Sight Words for Preschool ($2.99)
- Animal Sounds for Kids (free)
- Preschool Touch & Say (free)
- Paint Sparkles Draw (free)
- Happy Jump (free)
- Kids Preschool Puzzles ($2.99)
- Preschool EduKitchen (free)
- Monkey Preschool Lunchbox ($1.99)
BONUS: My 5 year old tells me “Sometimes I even look at the map.” So, for extra Geography fun, let your preschoolers explore Google Maps!
And now……it’s time for this week’s blog hop! Through the hop you will find many great posts linked up for you which include inspiration, encouragement, and much to learn! Read on.
Featured post this week:
Some of my personal favorites:
Poured Out in Flawed Vessels ~ encouragement ~ because we’re all flawed, and God chooses to use us anyway.
Herding Cats: Cultivating a Love of Reading in Your Toddler ~ how-to’s ~ because I need help with this….my older kids never needed to be encouraged to listen to books, yet my youngest doesn’t like them so much….great tips here!
Free Ice-Skating Writing Activities ~ Free Printables ~ because who does’t love FREE, and these look like lots of fun?!
Were you featured this week? Feel free to grab our ‘featured’ button to display on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.marriagemotherhoodandmissions.com/hearts-for-home-blog-hop-hosts/" title="Hearts for Home Blog Hop" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.marriagemotherhoodandmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Featured300x300.jpg" alt="Hearts for Home Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Feel free to grab our button and place it in your sidebar or within your post so others can find us and link up, too!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.marriagemotherhoodandmissions.com/hearts-for-home-blog-hop-hosts/" title="Hearts for Home Blog Hop" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.marriagemotherhoodandmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CoHostH4HButton300x300.jpg" alt="Hearts for Home Blog Hop" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Are you ready to share your posts? Use the form below to enter your links. Please just kindly link back to this blog or display our Hearts for Home button in your post or on your sidebar.
[inlinkz_linkup id=480577 mode=1]
Are you the parent, grandparent, sibling, or friend of a person on the autism spectrum? To connect with families who are taking the autism journey with you, come on over and check out our community page on Facebook. We would love to meet you and your family!