Ready for a new recipe? Try my cranberry-apple butter: slow cooker style! Fall is the perfect season for using both apples and cranberries in desserts, dips, and jellies. Why not combine them to create a delicious spread for parties, gift-giving, and simple enjoyment all year long?
Cranberry-Apple Butter Ingredients
- 16 to 20 fresh apples (the amount really depends on the size of your slow cooker); peeled, cored, and sliced
- about 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
- 6 to 8 pint jars depending on size of crock pot
How to Make Cranberry-Apple Butter
- Set slow cooker to high.
- Add cranberries to slow cooker.
- Add apple slices to pot until full.
- Place lid on top and cook for 18 hours.
- Add about 3 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp. cloves.
- Stir well.
- Replace lid and cook for 4 more hours.
- Have jars ready, and as soon as done spoon apple butter into jars.
- Screw on lids and rings, and let cool on counter.
- The heat from the apple butter will be enough to seal the jars.
Items you may need for this recipe
Now you’re ready to package your jars up as gifts, take to holiday parties or house-warming visits, or simply spread on a cracker at home during the fall season!
To connect with families who are taking the autism journey with you, come on over and check out our community page on Facebook. We would love to meet you and your family!